Wow there has been a lot since I last posted! Let's see if I can remember it all.
I guess the biggest thing that happened is my Grandpa Wilding passed away on August 23rd. He'd been battling cancer for many years and on August 6th found out that melanoma had coated his lungs and heart. They gave him 3-6 weeks. He was truely a great man and will be missed very much! I'm doing pretty ok with it. It was a really huge blessing to have Jacob come a few days afterwords so I could have some time to grieve. I'm sure there's more in there but it will come when I least expect it to. Anyways, how exciting for Grandpa though! Look at all the neat people he will or already has gotten to meet!
In other news, Alice and Peter started school on the 29th. Alice LOVES it and said, "This is going to be the BEST year EVER!!" Peter isn't so thrilled. What I think it is is he has a hard time actually sitting down and learning. He wants to be up and moving around. He's also disappointed in the new playground, "It's smaller than the other one! Even though it has 3 slides." Don't you love what's important to kids?
On the Sunday before school started we had a very special family home evening where Jacob was able to give us back to school preisthood blessings. I am SO grateful to have a worthy priesthood holder as a husband who can give us blessings whenever we need them. I just hope I can stay worthy enough to keep him!
My glucose test did come back positive so I have gestational diabeties. It's been an adjustment that's for sure! Breakfast is the hardest time for me because I only get 30 grams of carbohydrates. Go ahead and take a look at your favorite cereal. That plus the milk for ONE serving is already more than I can have. I've been eating a lot of eggs and ham & cheese in a taco shell for breakfast. I have a feeling that's going to get old. Other than that it hasn't been too hard to adjust.
Well that's about all for the Murphys this time!

No comments:
Post a Comment