"Where the women are strong, the men are good looking, and all the children are above average" - Garrison Keillor
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Sugar, School, & Field Days!
So on August 10th I had a routine doctor's appointment where they did the regular glucose test. On the 12th I got a call saying my numbers were high and I needed to go in to do a 3 hour glucose test. That was NOT fun. So on the 15th I spent 4 hours at the hospital while they drew my blood every hour. I'm SO glad my brother agreed to come with me and keep me entertained! We played 3 games of cribbage and I finally won the third game. My brother took this picture of me because he thought it looked like I was in high chair. He thought it was SOOO funny. I haven't heard the "official" results of my test but the first 2 blood draws had high sugar numbers and that's not good. I'm expecting a call from my doctor any day now.
Last night (the 15th) was back to school night. Alice and Peter are super lucky to be able to go to a brand new school! We got to meet their teachers and see the new school. It was pretty fun. They mentioned in the paper last week or the week before that the kids in the school drew pictures for these tiles in the new school. Alice found hers first and was SO excited! Peter looked around and saw this one and said excitedly, "There's mine!!!" I asked, "Oh yeah?" Peter says, "I think it is. . . . yeah it's mine." So funny! But super exciting to have these be a permanant part of the brand new school! The first day of school is going to be August 29th and the kids are REALLY excited for it!
So Jacob is in the "field" doing training for like 2 weeks. He hates it lol. The first week was awful and this second week is going better but still a little bit frusterating for him. I saw this shirt today and thought it totally fit what he's going through right now. He will be busy doing his own little business or even be all done for the day and people will call him needing things and he's apparently the only one who can fix this stuff. He's so great to be able to take care of so many things! The army is definately going to miss him when he leaves in February! I'm pretty excited because he will be coming to visit next week on the 26th.
Well that's the best of what's going on in our lives for now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Oh man bummer about the glucose. How did that go? And that picture thing in the school is soooo cool. Wish the kids best luck with the new school year from us.
ReplyDelete